A growing number of universities around the world have started, or are looking into, capturing and publishing their contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in stand-alone reports. But with universities able to contribute in many different ways to the SDGs through their research, education, operations, and community leadership and engagement, and with no single global standard on university SDG reporting, many are confronting the complex tasks of defining what these reports should cover and how to collect the information.
In this webinar we are excited to bring together some of the leading experts on university SDG reports from around the world, who will share their experiences, learnings and recommendations. We hope this will help newcomers get started, and help identify and encourage more consistent good practices in SDG reporting across the sector.
Panellists (see bios below):
* Dr Renzo Mori Jr, Senior Advisor for Sustainable Development – RMIT University SDGs Impact Report
* Prof Angelo Paletta, President, University Technical Scientific Committee for Social and Sustainability Report – The University of Bologna Report on the UN SDGs
* Dr Brian Chicksen, Advisor to the Executive: Special Projects – The University of Pretoria Sustainable Development Report
* Dr Julian Skyrme, Director of Social Responsibility – The University of Manchester SDGs Report
* Dr Tahl Kestin, SDSN AusNZPac Network Manager – Moderator
To help us prepare, we invite you to tell us below about your experiences and interests with SDG reporting. We also recommend you browse through the reports we will discuss ahead of time (links are included in the confirmation email).
The session will be recorded and made available afterwards.
The webinar is contributing to the SDSN AusNZPac initiative Accelerating SDG Practice, in collaboration with ACTS.