And while there is growing recognition of the value of genuine and meaningful engagement of consumers and the community in clinical trials, some researchers are unsure of how or where to start.
In response, Monash Partners Academic Health Science Centre and Sydney Health Partners are hosting an informative webinar – Consumer and Community Involvement in clinical trials: Practical strategies and lessons learned.
Join us between 11am - 1pm, 15 October, to gain practical examples of what works (and what doesn’t!) provided by experienced consumers and clinical trialists.
Presentations will include consumers, researchers, clinicians and industry partners and will cover:
• CCI is 'not just a tick box'
• CCI in the life of a clinical trial
• Frameworks and resources for practical application
• An industry perspective on empowering consumer involvement in clinical trials.
Our presenters will include:
• Dr Anthony Brown, CEO, Health Consumers NSW
• Ms Leonie Young, ANZUP Consumer Advisory Panel
• Mr Ben Horgan, Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator, WA Health Translation Network
• Mr Heath Badger, COO, Breast Cancer Trials Group
• Ms Nicola Straiton, Project and Engagement Manager, Australian Clinical Trials Alliance
• Professor Warwick Britton AO, FAHMS, Research Director, Sydney Local Health District and RPAH
• Dr Lisa Higgins, Senior Research Fellow, ANZIC-RC
• Mr Peter Murphy, Country Head of Communications & Patient Engagement, Novartis, Australia and New Zealand
• Professor Helena Teede AM, Executive Director, Monash Partners Academic Health Science Centre.
This webinar is open to everyone to attend, so please join us!